No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart striped stoneware  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Monart striped stoneware
« on: August 13, 2014, 06:50:04 PM »
My latest Monart purchase is this surfaced decorated striped C shape (size 1X+) vase.
What makes it a bit more unusual is that it has two vertical stripes (blue and green) and one horizontal stripe (green). Normally (though not always) there is just two stripes in this type of decoration.
There is twenty of each stripes.
The second image is a close up view.
Gary

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Monart striped stoneware
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 11:04:14 AM »
 :o
Are we looking at a whole load of green aventurine there? I can't make out, even with the close-up, if it is or not.  :)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 03:02:34 AM »
got one same shape same size will have to check stripes , I was lucky mines was cheap as chips its on the pic enclosed
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 03:24:56 PM »
:o
Are we looking at a whole load of green aventurine there? I can't make out, even with the closeup, if it is or not.  :)
Alas it is not green aventurine, though I think it would look even better if it did have some green aventurine.

got one same shape same size will have to check stripes , I was lucky mines was cheap as chips its on the pic enclosed
It would be interesting to know if your vase has three stripes. The vase on page 109 in YSART GLASS has three stripes, but the majority of the ones that I have seen with that type of decoration have two stripes.
Gary

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 05:40:54 PM »
il look next time im near the boxes and let you know
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum