Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Vaseline Glass Elephant  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Leni

• Members
Vaseline Glass Elephant
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 07:57:58 AM »
I think this is the 'white' opalescent version, but as it appears to be intact, unlike the £750 one with broken feet, it could be worth considerably more!   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

However, I'm not 100% sure it's exactly the same style.  Is there any makers mark anywhere?  

Anyway, lucky you, Pamela!   :D
Leni

driverad

Vaseline Glass Elephant
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 10:26:38 AM »
Hello and thankyou to you all - It looks like good news. I should let you all know. He's the Rose!

It is pretty obvious when I now look at him with educated eyes, (thanks to you), that he has a beautiful rose pink content throughout.

I've taken a deep breath and will obtain further verification before I do cartwheels!

Pamela.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

driverad

Vaseline Glass Elephant
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 10:29:35 AM »
Quote from: "Leni"
I think this is the 'white' opalescent version, but as it appears to be intact, unlike the £750 one with broken feet, it could be worth considerably more!   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

However, I'm not 100% sure it's exactly the same style.  Is there any makers mark anywhere?  

Anyway, lucky you, Pamela!   :D
There is the moulded registration number in his basket which indicates Burtles & Tate.

Offline Leni

• Members
Vaseline Glass Elephant
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 11:09:26 AM »
As I said, Lucky you!   :D  :D  :D

I have never seen the 'Rose' and expected it to be .... er ..... pinker?   :roll:  :wink:

This is one I would NOT be putting on ebay, if it were me   :lol:
Leni

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand