No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Textured Clear Bulbous Vase - Alsterfors / Nanny Still / Bjorkshult...?  (Read 471 times)

Offline Greg.

• Members
Thought this would be a relatively easy one to track down, however, proving a little trickier than I envisaged :)- Sure I've seen this somewhere, just can't seem to place it.

Measures 11 inches tall and weighs just over 2.2kg. Neatly ground and polsihed pontil mark to the base.

Reminds me of some Alsterfors designs and also a number of Nanny Still designs for Riihimaki. Also has some similarities to a number of Björkshult pieces.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline essi

• Members
    • all eras of w/friars and scand
    • england
hello Greg ,not sure if this is much help but anik identified a very similar vase for me which turned out to be Czech. I can not attach a link to the posting but it was on Nov 26 2012.
good luck.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Greg.

• Members
Hi Essi,

Thank you for the steer, I have just found the link, which I have pasted below for reference. I would say almost certainly they are related, perhaps these were produced in a number of sizes and shapes. Out of interest was the base on yours finished with a ground and polished pontil mark...?

Czech was a secondary thought, although I had struggled to find an accurate match here also. The shape and base finish did make me consider Jan Gabrhel designs for Chulm u Trebone, although the texture and shape wasn't right. Libochovice is interesting, I think they would have been way down my list of candidates!

Perhaps it was your original post that I remembered. Thanks for your help, its much appreciated.

(Just to add, I noticed this exact same shape online, identified as Libochovice, with the design attributed to Vladislav Urban. Would someone confirm if this is the case, or do both designs belong to Pavel Panek..?)

Thanks
Greg

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,50449.msg290613.html#msg290613

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline essi

• Members
    • all eras of w/friars and scand
    • england
Greg, the base on mine was completely moulded and if I remember right it was a three sided mould.
hopefully one will turn up with a label !

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand