Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Any Veiws on this Victorian Tumbler

<< < (2/2)

Cathy B:
Thanks Ivo.  :D  Always learning!

Max:
Ivo's bang on - no surprise there!  :wink:  I've got my book out and I'm now thinking 1877-90.  It was blue opal this tumbler reminded me of.  

Nice to know I still operate with a bottle of wine inside me.   :wink:  :lol:

vidrioguapo:
Max suggested I have a look at this....but it is not familiar to me, although I will have a trawl through all my Whitefriars info a bit later on just in case. But it is worth putting on whitefriars.com because there are some experts there with a better knowledge of this early glass.  My so callled knowledge of W/F is more from 1940s onwards, and even then still make mistakes!!! Emmi

Max:
Cheers Emmi.  I did search on wf.com and found a blue opal tumbler the same shape, which was interesting.  I hope the initial poster takes your advice to post this there.

mhgcgolfclub:
Hi all
Thanks for all the interesting comments on the tumbler, I have taken your advice and listed it the Whitfriars.com site , will wait and see if any replys, the reason  ithought it may be Sowerby hand blown was it was 1 of 3 items that came from the same house , one was without doubt from there venetian hand made series and a cauldron  marked sowerby in the same green colour
roy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version