No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Brian Maytum? ID = Robert Stephan, Asheville, NC  (Read 1131 times)

Offline LesBeatiques

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • U.S.
    • The Paperweight Collection
Brian Maytum? ID = Robert Stephan, Asheville, NC
« on: September 02, 2014, 10:04:31 PM »
Hello,

The style of this piece bears similarities to work done by Brian Maytum however I'm having difficulties verifying the signature. Any second opinions from those of you more familiar with his work?

It's roughly 4-5/8" tall and has a 2-7/8" diameter, a dark multicolored iridescent overlay with one side facet to display a wispy nano bubble decoration.

Thanks for your help!
Eric

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Fuhrman Glass

• Glass Professional
  • Members
Re: Brian Maytum?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »
not Brian Maytum. It's Robert Stephan from Asheville, NC. Bob now owns a company called HIS Glassworks that sells all types of polishing equipment and supplies and I don't think does too much glassworking himself anymore.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline LesBeatiques

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • U.S.
    • The Paperweight Collection
Re: Brian Maytum? ID = Robert Stephan, Asheville, NC
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 04:37:45 PM »
Many thanks Fuhrman. It's a shame he doesn't create more pieces. As I remember much of his work proved quite unique and innovative.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand