E&R was an importer of paperweights and other decorative items. They were a major importer of ceramics, porcelain, and glassware from Europe from 1886 until 2002. At one time they were the exclusive distributor for the Crystal Signature line of Swarovski figures. The firm was originally founded as Zeh, Ebeling & Reuss Co. by German emigrants Theodore Ebeling and Frederick Reuss who joined up with the owner of a glassware and china business, John E. F. Zeh. The firm was renamed to Ebeling & Reuss Co. in 1900 and remained in business until at least 2002. They were located in the Philadelphia area (Pennsylvania, USA). The Golden Crown trademark depicted in the label was registered with the US Patent Office in 1956.