No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Unknown maker large glass lamp base. ID = WMF - 'IKORA' range  (Read 3215 times)

Offline CMB

• Members
  • Extreme Hoarder.
    • Art Glass
    • UK
Unknown maker large glass lamp base. ID = WMF - 'IKORA' range
« on: September 08, 2014, 07:51:56 PM »
Hi All,
I have this lovely piece of glass and am seeking the following information:
Designer/Maker.
Age.
How would lamp look complete?
Would the shade have been glass?
The glass base measures 27 cm high.
The overall width is 19 cm.
The base diameter is 13.5 cm
The fittings are interesting, the top section slides up and down.there is a threaded hole at the end on top.
There is also a bulb with fittings and some old wiring fitted within the glass base.
Condition of base is 100% with no cracks,scratches or chips, there is a bubble on the base edge.
I have no idea how to get inside,I guess the central section comes out but how?
I would love to get this fully working/restored, when you shine a light through the base the paternation is amazing!
I guess this piece is Scottish,1930's and would have had a similar patterned glass shade of an onion shape held in place by a framework  suspended from the top?
Any information is appreciated, Thanks for your time.
Chris.
Also a SEIKO collector :-)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Unknown maker large glass lamp base.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 08:10:11 PM »
Hello Chris, welcome to GMB!

Your beautiful lamp certainly was made by WMF - 'IKORA' range

http://www.glaskilian.de/Lampen.143.0.html

I suggest to contact my friend Jan Kilian for information and assistance, good luck!

edited to add:
Shades were mainly silk - see pattern books here: http://www.glaskilian.de/ib/content.htm  :)
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline CMB

• Members
  • Extreme Hoarder.
    • Art Glass
    • UK
Re: Unknown maker large glass lamp base.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 08:12:39 PM »
Thank You Pamela.
......................made my day!  :o
Also a SEIKO collector :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand