No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: newest Monart  (Read 1384 times)

Offline millarart

• Members
newest Monart
« on: September 14, 2014, 06:07:41 PM »
Picked this up from sellers house today lovely colourway with green and blue stripes and bubbles at top with gold adventurine, big 10inches tall, this was giving to sellers parents on their wedding in the 30s, the seller also threw in the Ysart glass book signed by Paul Ysart and his son Salvador, the seller was friend of Salvador his wife Mary and Paul Ysart  and called Paul  granddad , she also told me and Keith some interesting things about the ysart and gave me copies of all the ysart new and Monart newsletters and even a copy of the piece in the paper when Paul died,
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
Re: newest Monart
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 07:10:34 PM »
OOh  - you jammy thing! I love that - if you ever want to part............   ;) ;)  so, so, jealous nephew!

Now is that glass just the same yellow / citrine colour that's quite bright but NOT uranium?
Have you tried it under UV?

same book as was on ebay ? - thrown in - bargain!

Any copies of the newsletter available??  ;) ;) ;)

Roberta

Roberta

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 08:23:26 PM »
Okay Miller. Turn your head around and check that bulge about halfway down. Does it look like there is a horseshoe up there? I can't believe your find! Wish I could find just one Monart here in Canada!

Carolyn

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:25:40 PM »
OOh  - you jammy thing! I love that - if you ever want to part............   ;) ;)  so, so, jealous nephew!

Now is that glass just the same yellow / citrine colour that's quite bright but NOT uranium?
Have you tried it under UV?

same book as was on ebay ? - thrown in - bargain!

Any copies of the newsletter available??  ;) ;) ;)

Roberta

cant find uv lamp, yup book off ebay when I asked what history they had about the book as I was gonna bid if there was any good history they told me everything and mentioned they had some monart a few pieces they were keeping but they sent pic of this one and said it was for sale so agreed on price and they said they were also going to throw the book in on the dealso happy as wasn't expecting that, very nice people

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 08:26:13 PM »
Okay Miller. Turn your head around and check that bulge about halfway down. Does it look like there is a horseshoe up there? I can't believe your find! Wish I could find just one Monart here in Canada!

Carolyn
lol

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 08:16:12 AM »
Yes Roberta Jammy Jummy is his other name on other forums .  ;D :'(

Offline millarart