No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Interesting Pinched Vase  (Read 2049 times)

Offline horochar

• Members
Interesting Pinched Vase
« on: June 03, 2006, 12:20:17 AM »
I'm hoping someone can help me to identify this piece.  The glass is thin, seems to be well made but doesn't have the wear that I'd associate with glass from the 1930s or 1940s.  Maybe it's much newer.  Whatever it is, any help would be appreciated as to maker and approximate age.
Charles.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Connie

Interesting Pinched Vase
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 02:05:26 AM »
It is older than that.  Dugan Glass from their Japanese line and pictured in a 1906 Butler Bros. catalog.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline horochar

• Members
Interesting Pinched Vase
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 02:43:45 AM »
Will wonders ever cease?  It looks like new, but Internet research seems to bear out the attribution.  And I was SO sure it was a Murano piece.

Thanks.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Connie

Interesting Pinched Vase
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 09:58:43 AM »
You are welcome, Charles.

If you can find the book Dugan/Diamond The Story if Indiana, Pennsylvania Glass by Heacock, Measell, and Wiggins there is much more about this line in it that I can post here.

I have had 2 related pieces from the Venetian line so I immediately recoignized it.

As Peter said, a very nice find.  I really regret selling the 2 pieces I had  :cry:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand