No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: orrefors bowl for I/D ?  (Read 1764 times)

Offline malcmat

• Members
    • cheshire
orrefors bowl for I/D ?
« on: October 07, 2014, 06:23:00 PM »
Hi, any ideas of the artist maybe Edvard Hald ? / year of manufacture on this orrefors bowl. Marked orrefors and signed with some numbers maybe 7/1238 ?.
95cm dia and 7cm tall

Offline cjf

• Members
Re: orrefors bowl for I/D ?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 09:07:06 AM »
The signature looks like it was done by Edward Hald himself, you see that on many of the more exclusive pieces (such as graal vases). My guess is that this is a gift that he signed and dated for some event or birthday on 7th December 1938. The "Orrefors" would be standard on a smaller piece like this, but the rest is a bit out of the ordinary.

Offline malcmat

• Members
    • cheshire
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 09:17:14 AM »
Thanks so much cjf for the information, a nice early piece and the body is relatively free of scratches / damage with exception of the marks on the base.
Thanks again

Offline essi

• Members
    • all eras of w/friars and scand
    • england
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 05:11:48 PM »
Lovely item,could it be a one of gift ?

Offline cjf

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 12:34:38 PM »
I don't think so. The "Orrefors" signature rather indicates that it is a standard off the shelf item that was signed and ready to be sold, but got interrupted...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand