No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stathern Wine Goblet?? Help  (Read 3157 times)

Offline michelle1

• Members
Stathern Wine Goblet?? Help
« on: June 05, 2006, 01:34:54 PM »
Hopefully someone can help me! - I was given a Strathern Wine Goblet as a christening present in 1979 (i know its strathern because it still had the little gold label on it) but my mum smashed it accidentally causing this normally mild mannered woman to burst into floods of tears.  I'm desperate to get another one but cannot find any strathern tableware anywhere.  Mine had a hobby horse engraved on it which may or may not have been done by Strathern. I would be so grateful for any help - i have piccies if anyone needs to see it!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 01:42:08 PM »
Probably just a case of waiting for one to show up on eBay. I have not seen such a design but then I have not been gathering data on their engravings for very long. They were not mass produced and possibly only a handful of some particular designs were made.

Pictures would be good, you can post them on http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/ and then copy and paste the link from the section of file imformation into your reply here. If you have difficulties, email to me and I will do it for you. Email button at bottom of message.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 02:15:59 PM »
Lesley Pyke is a brilliant glass engraver, who might be happy to copy the design for you.  Her website is http://www.lesleypyke.com/
Leni

Offline michelle1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 02:36:18 PM »
Thanks for those replies so far - will keep checking ebay - any idea what searches i could do - obviously i will try strathern but do you think it could be posted as anything else by the more or less initiated! :cry:

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 02:46:08 PM »
Was the item signed?

Offline michelle1

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 08:07:16 AM »
not to my knowledge, i just saw the small gold sticker but i will have a look on the base :shock:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand