No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: beautiful green compote....  (Read 1965 times)

Offline dbug64

• Members
beautiful green compote....
« on: June 08, 2006, 03:04:58 PM »
I BOUGHT A BEAUTIFUL GREEN COMPOTE BUT I AM HAVING TROUBLE TRYING TO FIND OUT IF IT IS ANTIQUE OR WHO IT MIGHT POSSIBLE BE MADE BY.  IT IS OCTOGONALLY SHAPPED. ON EACH GLASS PANEL THERE IS A COLONIAL TYPE PICTURE PRESSED IN THE GLASS...ANY LEADS WOULD BE HELPFUL...I KOW IT CAME FROM AN ESTATE OF AN ELDERLY LADY (SHE WAS IN HER 80'S, SHE AND HER SISTER LIVED TOGETHER UNTIL SHE DIED, HER SISTER BROUGHT IT TO THE CONSIGNMENT SHOP I FOUND IT AT)
THANKS!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
beautiful green compote....
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 05:54:07 PM »
Hi,

Welcome on board.

We have a gallery that can be used to post pictures that are on your computer:
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/

To use the gallery you do need to register but this is simple and just involves choosing a user name and password and then acting on the confirmation e-mail. Once registered you can upload photos to the Queries Gallery. I've also created a series of How To's for anyone wanting to use the gallery to host images for queries... these walk you through the process of uploading and adding title and additional information. Tony H has kindly been testing these for me and they seem to work fine but if anyone gets stuck Anne is usually around to give help.

It is better to type in small letters as capitals tend to be hard on the eyes and according to net etiquette capitals are used for shouting  :)

It could well be that someone might recognise an unusual design from a description but a picture opens it up to a wider audience.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand