No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: CMS Krasno (or Skrdlovice?) multicolour pimpled vase by Milena Veliskova  (Read 2856 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
One more for my humble 1940s S. Reich / CMS Krasno collection:
heavy clear vase with multicolour pimples, height 17 cm, designed by Milena Veliskova.

Shown in the CMS 1945/46 catalogue on Jindrich's site >> Link, and the lovely bubbly version in the article on CMS here >> Link (page 15)

As mine is not marked, there is a chance that it is not CMS Krasno, but Skrdlovice production (Milena Veliskova repeated this design in 1951 for Skrdlovice, PN 5030 and PN 5033).
But here is another one (obviously marked Krasno) which looks very similar to my vase >> Link.
And the colours don't look like early 1950s Skrdlovice to me.

Thanks for looking :)
Michael

Offline bOBA

• Members
Re: CMS Krasno (or Skrdlovice?) multicolour pimpled vase by Milena Veliskova
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 10:19:28 PM »
Wow, what a great find Michael. I missed this post somehow. It is the first time I have seen this pattern and your attribution is excellent. I cannot add more really. I think it could be either factory too.

Translating all the words in the Skrdlovice pattern books may help.

There seems to be a weight indicator under one pattern 2KG? That may help, although I have a Velsikova CMS BMG vase with an acid etch, with a flat polished base, the Skrdlovice bag vase that appears in the Skrdlovice 1945 patterns, and it is a lot heavier than I would expect for Skrdlovice. I suspect if CMS made your vase it too could be heavy, so that may not help.

I would expect a CMS vase to be stamped. (Against that, the link to the Austrian stamped vase you have found is confusing as it looks a very close match indeed......) Also, your CMS bowl did not have a CMS Reich stamp stamp did it?

It all adds up to your conclusion, definitely Veliskova, by either factory at this point. Sorry not to be more helpful... a very nice thing though!!

Robert (bOBA)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 06:19:55 PM »
Thank you very much, Robert!

It is a phantastic design, isn't it, very modern, and painterly -- as if the colour was applied with the tip of a brush.

I don't know either if every CMS piece from this "range" should carry the etched mark, so I guess it will be impossible to be sure who made it.
My floral bowl does have the "R - Krasno" mark >> Link.

Unfortunately the text in the Skrdlovice pattern book is impossible to read for me...
It is just my gut feeling that Skrdlovice pieces from the very early 1950s look different -- different use of colours etc. (but I have only seen a handful, so I may be wrong).

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 04:54:20 AM »
Love the design.  Michael, you manage to find some of the most interesting pieces!

Offline vetraio50

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 02:06:29 AM »
SIMPLY FABULOUS !!!!!

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 01:32:07 PM »
Thanks, Kevin! :)

Michael