No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fostoria lidded pot or just similar  (Read 1879 times)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Fostoria lidded pot or just similar
« on: June 11, 2006, 03:22:20 PM »
Any help on this small lidded pot looks very much like Fostoria ,but I have never been sure how to positively Id similar items , also approx date , or does it just look like Fostoria, pot stands approx4 inches tall with lid
many thanks

roy mhgcgolfclub  :?:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
Fostoria lidded pot or just similar
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 04:24:23 PM »
It can be a bit of hassle. In looking at your pics I noticed that the bottom rim appears to be ground. Now here in the states that is one way we determine Fostoria America from the others. Fostoria issued a better quality of glassware with more attention to detail. In looking closely at your pics, I would say yes its Fostoria America.
I only learned last night from a friend of mine that a lot of Fostoria was shipped to England. Certain peices were made for the English market and command high prices here from the collectors. This might be an interesting area for someone to explore. Terry

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand