No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Easy puzzle time.  (Read 1460 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Easy puzzle time.
« on: December 20, 2014, 02:14:48 PM »
5 inches tall, fully marked to the base but who ?

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Easy puzzle time.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 03:08:02 PM »
go on then  -  I'll be muggins ;D  -  yet another RB piece of 'Studio'?             In fact that drawn out blotched use of colour does look similar to the patterning on a much smaller piece of 'Studio' that I had until recently.
The ground and polished rim is also similar.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 04:05:52 PM »
Well I did say easy, spot on Paul  ;D not seen this colour scheme before, this makes 62 pieces of RB'y Studio now !! :o ::) ;D ;D you should hear those shelves creak!

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 04:34:46 PM »
the piece I found recently - with this form of decoration - really surprised me when I looked underneath and saw the name.         Until then I'd never have thought such streaky blotching to be from them.
Glass is full of surprises. :)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 05:20:32 PM »
Doh, I decided not to fall for RB! Serves me right for being a smart-a*se.

Keith, I did seee a truly stunning and enormous bit of RB studio at the fair last month - it did not look like RB Studio, it looked like a bit of individually made one-off, top artist, studio glass.
I'm not insulting RB Studio, I know what they were doing was studio style work using mass production methods. This looked a bit special. I can remember hoping you were there to see it! Were you? Did you?
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 06:57:59 PM »
No Sue, once again couldn't make it, this time due to a severe chest infection,will do my best for the next one,  ;D ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 02:01:21 PM »
tut, tut, such language from a lady :P ;)

I'd forgotten that I hadn't photographed my similarly decorated piece, so went back to the charity shop this morning and they have loaned the piece to me for a day to take some snaps    -    if it's not back by midnight it turns into a pumpkin - which probably more useful. ;) ;)            Different shape and colours, but I thought the streaky/blotchy effect was somewhere near - likewise the ground/polished rim, and a quite thick clear casing.         I'm not too good at manufacturing techniques but presumably the top is cold worked avoiding the need to remove pontil rod scar on the base.           
Quality of these RB Studio backstamps always a bit hit and miss, but worth their weight in gold on pieces like this which otherwise might remain a mystery.           Height is about 6" (155 mm).

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 02:38:25 PM »
Thanks Paul, another one I've not seen before, will store it in my private collection of pictures, sounds a bit naughty, if you don't mind ::) ;D ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 02:59:54 PM »
Keith  -  no problem if you want to use the pix - shout if you need any more.  :)

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 06:43:48 PM »
Ta, ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand