No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help with trying to identify the maker  (Read 4780 times)

Offline beeker

• Members
Help with trying to identify the maker
« on: June 09, 2006, 02:09:30 AM »
Hi i am looking for any help in trying to identify the blower of this peice of glass. I have looked at the signature so hard i have given myelf a bit of a headache and be most appreciative of any help.

I have got as far as thinking that the first name is adam or helen and that the second name begins with either an H or an A i am unsure of the word below but i think it starts with a T and the numbers are 1588 there is also a small monogram on the right that looks like either AAU or HAU or TAU.

Also please let me know what you think of the vase its about 10-12 inches tall and around 5 inches in diameter. Many thanks for any help in advace
Beeker.

Pics of vase : http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/15821511429.jpg&s=f5

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 02:25:45 AM »
Pete

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline beeker

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 02:45:48 AM »
Quote from: "paradisetrader"
Adam Aaronson 1988
http://www.aaronsonnoon.com/index.php

You know what i think you might be right its seems to fit but then the signature is very generic. Thanks ever so much for your help i am going to have little look and see if i can find it. Just out of interest do you know much about Adam Aaronson in terms of his reputation etc.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 02:47:50 AM »
This board knows Adam very well, he's a member here. If you are patient he may well come along and confirm this is one of his pieces himself. ;)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline beeker

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 02:51:39 AM »
Quote from: "Anne"
This board knows Adam very well, he's a member here. If you are patient he may well come along and confirm this is one of his pieces himself. ;)

That would be rather amazing wouldnt it? its managed to find its way to me up in edinburgh via a charity shop. A very nice piece it is too.

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 09:27:21 AM »
Adam's art glass pieces are individually made one-off's, many now commissioned by interior designers and architects

From the website you will see that his work is exhibited at many galleries in USA as well as UK. He also shows at the New York Sculpture Objects & Functional Art (SOFA) expositions http://www.sofaexpo.com/ as well as many comtemportary arts events in the UK.

I am more used to seeing Adam's more recent work which for which he uses more sophisticated and indeed adavnced techniques. Your interesting early piece, made less than 2 years after first setting up a studio, shows his early sensibility to classical form and proportion. Very elegant.

For more info google his name ! You will get many hits !
Pete

Offline beeker

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 10:02:05 AM »
Quote from: "paradisetrader"
Adam's pieces are individually made one-off's, many now commissioned by interior designers and architects

From the website you will see that his work is exhibited at many galleries in USA as well as UK. He also shows at the New York Sculpture Objects & Functional Art (SOFA) expositions http://www.sofaexpo.com/ as well as many comtemportary arts events in the UK.

I am more used to seeing Adam's more recent work which for which he uses more sophisticated and indeed adavnced techniques. Your interesting early piece, made less than 2 years after first setting up a studio, shows his early sensibility to classical form and proportion. Very elegant.

For more info google his name ! You will get many hits !

I agree about its form. Its quite a common shape but there was just something about the proportioning that struck me as being quality. The small base ran a danger of making it look bulbess but somehow as you say it manages to retain alot of grace and looks very classical.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 12:11:15 PM »
Interesting thing is that this piece is 'apparently' inspired by Monart. The colours even look like Kugler.

Offline beeker

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 01:17:44 PM »
That was my first thought as well but the ageing on the base didnt seem consistant so i presumed it must of been an inspired peice by a studio. The problem is the signature and other markings on the base are so hard to work out.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 01:53:02 PM »
We need to shout a bit LOUDER to attract Adam's attention. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia