No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kosta Boda vase  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Paul ADK

• Members
Kosta Boda vase
« on: June 09, 2006, 05:30:21 PM »
We picked up quite a nice 9 1/4" opalescent white signed Kosta Boda vase/bottle this morning for $15, and I have been trying valiantly for the past hour or so to make out the signature.  As best I can determine, the first letter is either a capital Z or the number 2.  There appear to be a total of seven or possibly 8 letters, the last four of which may be "gman."  It does not look to me to be one of the signatures shown in Fire and Sea, the only book we presently own that covers Scandinavian glass, .

According to the woman who sold us the vase, it had been a wedding gift that was being disposed of along with the husband.  The marriage must not have been of long duration as the vase sports the black and clear cellophane label and a five digit number 48892.  Given the color, there is no way I can get a decent photograph.

Any help coming up with the name of the artist will be greatly appreciated.

Paul ADK

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Kosta Boda vase
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 06:12:01 PM »
Kjell Engman has worked for Kosta Boda since 1978, could it be his signature?

Edit:   :lol: You probably needed 'Smoke & Ice' for this one.  I still haven't got 'Fire & Sea'!
I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul ADK

• Members
Kosta Boda vase
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 12:05:32 AM »
Thanks Max, that may very well be the name.  By they way, our copy of Fire and Sea arrived Wed. morning, and we found our first piece of garage sale Kosta Boda forty eight hours later, almost to the minute.  Some might call that coincidence, but just in case there is a higher power smiling down, I ordered another book on Tiffany.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand