No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue and pink vase with prunt on base Dillon Clarke?  (Read 7259 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Blue and pink vase with prunt on base Dillon Clarke?
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 06:50:12 AM »
Bump Is this by Dillon Clarke? Ron Wheeler (Artius) has suggested it is

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 07:56:46 AM »
:D :D :D

The two vases are amazingly similar!

I'm afraid I don't know whether Dillon Clarke may have been involved - was he not an early Glasshouse student? Would AdamA know anything?
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 08:46:51 PM »
Dillon Clarke was a Glasshouse student but he's a she  :D Here's some of her more recent (relatively) stuff http://www.photostore.org.uk/seMORE.aspx?MID=129

Nothing like mine though

Here is what Ron said
"Now from the first image I would say it was made by a lady called Dillon Clarke who trained under the first deriving force of studio glass in the U.K. Sam Herman (an American ) who set up  'The Glasshouse in Covent garden in the early '70's. He worked alongside Michael Harris who can be acknowledged as the first British founding father of factory production processes in studio glass but of course went to Malta to set up Mdina Glass while Sam got on with it over here. They were both tutors in the glass faculty at the Royal College of Art in the '60's.
Anyway I was an agent for Dillon during her business years and she and a partner set up and ran 'Cambridge Glassmakers' in the U.K.(not to be confused with the American firm of the same name). The only thing I don't recognise is the embossed mark on the prunt and whist I.o.W.Glass also used an embossed prunt  it was very distinctive."

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand