No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Info Needed on Kaj Franck? Vase  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Alton11

• Members
Info Needed on Kaj Franck? Vase
« on: February 14, 2015, 11:21:35 PM »
Recently purchased this piece marked to base KF Nuutajärvi-Notsjö 65'. Was hoping to confirm if this was a Kaj Franck piece and perhaps if someone here could provide a model number or design name. Vase stands 12" ( 30.5cm ) and is an oval shape with two vertical ribs extending the length of the piece. Color is olive-gray. Thnx for looking.

Offline robbo

• Members
  • London, England
Re: Info Needed on Kaj Franck? Vase
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 12:32:54 PM »
The vase appears in the Kaj Franck section of Designlasin Hintakirja.

Unfortunately it doesn't give a model number or name.
robbo

Offline essi

• Members
    • all eras of w/friars and scand
    • england
Re: Info Needed on Kaj Franck? Vase
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 09:26:03 PM »
Hello Alton , I had a chance to look in the kaj Franck book "the art of glass kaj Franck 100 years" when I was in Finland this summer.
I think your vase maybe KF304 although the book gives a height of 312 mm and the production run was from 1966 to 1968.
There is a similar looking vase KF298 but this vase has been surface ground on the outside and is marked K Franck with a date on the base.
Neither of these vases seem to carry a name.
Hope this is of some use.
Tim.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand