Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Bohemia, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, Austria

Czech?Tango? yellow & black small vase

(1/2) > >>

pam2va:
Hello,
I found this little vase in an estate sale lot; didn't even know it was there! It's one I'm keeping for myself!
It's 8 1/2", 20.5 cm tall. Cased, clear over a warm, orange-y yellow with black threads encased in ribs running up the sides. Polished top. No markings (though there is a taped on label that must of meant something to someone...). I assume it's Czech but would love to know more about it.
Thanks for taking a look,
Pam

rocco:
Hi Pam,
yes, looks like Tango glass from Czechoslovakia. Nice vase :)
I have a similar piece in orange.

Pieces like ours were included in the >> Tango glass exhibition, as far as I can see (the text on the cabinet is quite hard to read), they were made in the Vysocina region between 1918 and 1935.
Seems difficult to attribute them to a particular glass works...

Michael

pam2va:
Thank you very much for your reply, information and the link to the Tango Glass exhibit pages. Yes, it's nearly impossible to read the captions on the display cases, esp. the one that contains the vase you've posted. Beautiful piece; love how the threads wind around! Love your "collection" esp. the ceramics!

Well, I have a mini-collection, three now, of Czech glass (at least I think the other two in front are Czech, too)! Here's a photo (don't have other views)
Pam

Lustrousstone:
I think (but I could be wrong) that the fat yellow one is Scandinavian (designer Nanny Still?)

rocco:
Thanks Pam :)
Nice collection! I particularly like the one to the left with the black drip decoration.

For the big one with the black handles, I would rather think Italian (Empoli?) than Scandinavian...

Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version