No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Possible Royal Brierley Streamline Vase  (Read 621 times)

Offline saj204

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
    • RetroWithStyle - Etsy Shop
Possible Royal Brierley Streamline Vase
« on: February 19, 2015, 08:20:12 PM »
Hi
I am trying to find out more details about this vase but not having much luck. I have had a good search online and the only vases that I can see that look similar to this one are Royal Brierley "Streamline" vases but of different shapes and sizes.

My vase is 17cm tall and about 13cm at its widest point. There are no markings on the base just the large pontil mark (See Picture).

Does anyone know if this is what this vase is or where I could find more information about the range?

Thanks for any help.
Stephen

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Possible Royal Brierley Streamline Vase
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:53:58 PM »
Very nice, I thought these were RB'y but finding info' about this company is like getting blood out of a stone, Webb Corbett also did some similar forms, Irene Stevens was the designer, I'm sure I've seen pieces like yours called 'Wave' but that may have been something else, ::) ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 12:33:40 AM »
Have been looking around and think now you're right, it is Streamline and if my googling is correct designed by Keith Murray. ;D ;D ;D

Offline saj204

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • UK
    • RetroWithStyle - Etsy Shop
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 09:38:04 PM »
Thanks Keith. I have had a look as well and the Webb ones don't look quite right to me either. I have found one bowl that looks similar to my vase called "Wave" but I can't find any other reference to this pattern for Royal Brierley so think they may have mislabeled it, as it was on eBay and mistaken it with the waves designs that Scot Crystal do which also look similar but not the same.

Thanks Again for your help.

Stephen

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 11:34:58 PM »
Your welcome, ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia