No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fairy lamp cover with transfer print  (Read 1193 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Fairy lamp cover with transfer print
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 11:30:29 AM »
Thanks Nick. You can rest assured I didn't pay that much for mine. I shall keep my eyes open for a more contemporary base. Though I think it looks quite good on its toy boy base, as its in a much earlier style. The lamp is not actually Burmese of course

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 10:00:47 PM »
Hi folks,

A couple of queries from your local confused Moderator:

1. Please note that I have added a comment to Reply 4 (Anne E.B. post), relating to the link included. Is it my system, or does the wonderful pressglas.pavillon site not provide lower level URL details?

2. We seem to have "the lamp commissioned by Clarke" (British as I understand it), but the stand made by Streit (German). So do we know who made the "shade" (or whatever we call the coloured bit)?

I would like to add an ID and move the thread to the relevant place ... but ... what place would that be?
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 09:35:08 AM »
Pamela's website is created using frames, so you have to know how to find the url of each page. Here is is
http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/kerzenhalter/05288.jpg
The lamp may (or may not) be British in origin but it was commissioned by a British company Samuel Clarke, candle maker.
The base which is considerably younger but looks fine is German.

I was really only showing the lamp but the lovely Anne gave me an ID for the base.

You could put it in two places but change the title for the base. Sorry poor confused moderator  :-*

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand