No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: surface decorated Monart has arrived  (Read 2625 times)

Offline millarart

• Members
Re: surface decorated Monart has arrived
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 10:08:10 PM »
A real nice purchase there Gary, I particularly like the decoration ie the coloured stripes.
Gary
cheers Gary
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline Kiwi Bill

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 08:22:21 PM »
Can  you confirm shape is CC, as per the "Ysart Bible".......looks nothing like shape CC.
Nice piece all the same.

Cheers Kiwi Bill

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 08:37:50 PM »
Well spotted Bill, I believe it to be shape F.
Gary

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 09:16:42 PM »
LOL  bill not a clue I thought it was the same shape as CC variant in red cloissone on ysart glass  , though it may be shape F it certainly isn't the the same shape as the coloured shape F but if you click on the shape f in Scotland glass there is a black and white photograph from the monart catalogue that looks similar, god knows ,  ::) ;D, pic below of surface decorated CC and black n white pic F from Ysartglass.com

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 02:36:26 PM »
I think I would also go with F - I have a picture of a labelled piece which looks like a mix between Gary's piece and the F on Ysart glass - Not my picture so I cannot post it here  :( - will ask permission if possible.

Is it about 8" high?
Roberta

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 03:13:00 PM »
I think I would also go with F - I have a picture of a labelled piece which looks like a mix between Gary's piece and the F on Ysart glass - Not my picture so I cannot post it here  :( - will ask permission if possible.

Is it about 8" high?
lol im not bothered to be honest what shape just as long as it looks great in my collection lol

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 04:15:47 PM »
We are just  load of pedants Gary!  :D

I know it looks good in your collection, but it might just get a bit lost amongst all that other Monart, or it might get packed in the shed..... or loft.......... or just get misplaced.............I know of a great home for it south of the border.....  ;D ;D ;D
Roberta

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 05:03:13 PM »
We are just  load of pedants Gary!  :D

I know it looks good in your collection, but it might just get a bit lost amongst all that other Monart, or it might get packed in the shed..... or loft.......... or just get misplaced.............I know of a great home for it south of the border.....  ;D ;D ;D
ahhh im sorry but monart belongs this side of the border lol, good try though auntie lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand