No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: blenko  (Read 2272 times)

Offline delilawells

• Members
blenko
« on: June 16, 2006, 01:32:07 PM »
I am looking for someone that may be kind enough to point me in the right direction for finding the value of my recently acquired blenko collection.  Thanks so much! [/list]

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
blenko
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 02:32:38 PM »
Two approaches,

1. a professional appraiser, needs your location for suggestions or Google.

2. eBay watching.

The first will be best for insurance etc. The second will give you possible retail value but be aware subtle differences can impact rarity value. So a 6 inch model may have been produced by the hundred and sell for a few dollars, whereas, say, a 9 inch version only made in a handful could fetch hundreds of dollars. Variations can be in size, shape, colour, decoration and when made.

We can help to identify but buying a book on Blenko, I am sure a recommendation will follow and trawling other Blenko web sites will be quicker if it is a large collection,

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline AlmasAttic

• Members
    • Remtique
blenko
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 01:38:28 PM »
There is an excellent book that gives 2001 Blenko values if that helps

Color Along the River by Leslie Pina (Schiffer-2nd edn)

I am not sure if there are any more recent editions with updated values

It doesnt just have Blenko, but also the other glassmakers of the 50s & 6os in the Ohio River Valley....including Pilgrim,Kanawha, Bischoff,Rainbow, Viking. Morgantown etc

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand