No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pedestal lidded bowl opaque blue and bubble base and finial. description, date or maker please  (Read 584 times)

Offline Rookeryneuk

• Members
  • I'm new, but learning.
    • Mid-century modern
    • England
Having picked up this fantastic piece of glassware at a local charity shop, I haven't been able to find any reference to anything similar.

It seems to be a quality item, but is unmarked and doesn't seem to fit into the "Milk Glass" examples I've seen.

It's Approx. 23cm tall.   14cm wide.

Any information would be gratefully received.

Thank you.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Hey welcome to the GMB! Hope you will have fun here.
Assuming the piece has a milk glass inner you wIll probably be looking at Empoli glass. Empoli is a glassmaking town near Florence with several candidates and a confusing history of mergers. Alternatively Elme in Sweden used the same technique - as did the Chinese in more recent times.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand