No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Another puzzling piece of glass...  (Read 2248 times)

Offline eglass

• Members
Another puzzling piece of glass...
« on: April 16, 2015, 12:56:13 AM »
I don't know how we find these pieces that have us scratching our heads.

This vase is about 10 lbs, 13.75" tall. Thick walled, heavy glass. When my husband first saw it at a local sale, he thought it looked like a design done by Manfred Frey for Kaiser - his "Fossil" range. But this is thick, heavy, clear GLASS.

To add to the puzzle - on the bottom, hand engraved, is the word KAISER, and the number 0100.

What the heck? Could this have been made as a model prior to the porcelain versions done for Kaiser, or made after as an attempt at a copy, or ???

Thanks for any input on this piece, it is nice looking in its own right but I'd love to have the confusion cleared up.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Another puzzling piece of glass...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 05:15:33 PM »
See an earlier topic about this mystery... http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php?topic=45699.0
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline eglass

• Members
Re: Another puzzling piece of glass...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 01:44:42 PM »
Anne, thanks! I guess Adair was in the same boat we are, lol.  I appreciate the comment and link to the old thread. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand