Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Paperweights

Identification of a very large paperweight.

<< < (2/2)

Leni:

--- Quote from: "wrightoutlook" ---I had always thought that Royal Crest was a name for a series of higher quality weights made in Taiwan and produced for export. And that Parmir was the name of the import or export company.
--- End quote ---

Yep, I agree.  You're wright!   :lol:

Sorry, your right!   :wink:

KevinH:
Nearly a year ago, in a message "Help with ID for 'flower and bubble' paperweight" ( http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,1506.0.html ) we came up with some info on Royal Crest.

Some of my comments in that message are repeated here (for "China" read "Taiwan" if that is where they are actually at):

--- Quote ---I received an enquiry about Royal Crest weights through the PCC website and the enquirer has now come back with some information after I suggested they may be importers.

Yes - it seems that in the UK, the import company Lesser & Pavey, based in Dartford, Kent is supplying these from China.

At least, the importer has dealt with various Chinese products for many years, after it became cheaper than sourcing from Europe (info from a Google search showing a 2003 news report for "art" goods)

The weights are also apparently stocked in some UK department stores (I don't know which ones though) under a brand called "The Leonardo Collection" - which links in nicely with the importer's address details.

Perhaps the "Royal Crest" certificates that are included in the box (but which give no details of source) are also produced in China on request? Or I suppose they may be inserted later by the importer.

Next questions to ponder - Are "Royal Crest" weights specific to this importer or are they simply regular Chinese production but "branded"? Can the same weights be found in various gift outlets at even cheaper prices than paid on eBay?
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version