No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart Paisley shawl  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Monart Paisley shawl
« on: April 30, 2015, 06:54:59 PM »
The latest addition to my Monart collection is this Paisley shawl bowl catalogue shape O and size code V+ (11 inches wide) colour code possibly 84 (blue, silvery white and some red).
It is surfaced decorated with a clear inner, when the sun shines on it the iridescence real comes to the fore (tried to caputure it in photo 4).
Gary

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: Monart Paisley shawl
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 07:20:36 PM »
You now have a problem I have. ;)
How to best display a large, round flattish surface with a great protruding base in the middle of it.
Bottoms of bowls are always the best part. I have loads of upside-down-bowls in my displays.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 07:49:55 PM »
I know what you mean about how best to display bowls, in photo one is where it is now sitting above eye level, window facing to catch the daylight and it night there is table lamp that illuminates.
Gary

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 07:55:31 PM »
I use plate stands and just prop the bowls on them, with their bums all on full show. ;D
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline helenaJ

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 09:17:25 AM »
Hi Gary
I like the inside of the bowl equally as much as the outer.    You've taken a much better picture of the inside of the bowl than I did!!!!
Mary

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 04:53:33 PM »
lovely piece but I really have to try to not buy big bowls as they are way too difficult to display and take too much room up ,
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 05:46:45 PM »
Hi Gary
I like the inside of the bowl equally as much as the outer.    You've taken a much better picture of the inside of the bowl than I did!!!!
Mary
It is a good example of the difference between, cased in clear glass (the inner) and surfaced decorated(the outer).
I have been practicing my photograph  :)

lovely piece but I really have to try to not buy big bowls as they are way too difficult to display and take too much room up ,
Cheers Gary, but for such a rare and beautiful piece I would always make space to display it.
Gary

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 05:50:43 PM »
They don't take up too much actual shelf space when they're upright, their footprint is very narrow, and you can put things in front of them without spoiling the view too much.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 06:01:41 PM »
It is a good example of the difference between, cased in clear glass (the inner) and surfaced decorated(the outer).
I have been practicing my photograph  :)
Cheers Gary, but for such a rare and beautiful piece I would always make space to display it.
Gary
lol yeah I suppose but only room I have left now is where the wife sits , mmmmm sounds quite good now when I think about it ,
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline orangeglass

• Members
    • ysart
    • UK
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 09:17:06 PM »
Beautiful bowl Gary! I display most of mine upright on stands - if I don't they just become handy place to put things in for my OH!!

And to Mr Millar - you should think of your poor wife as a "rare and beautiful piece"  ;D
Roberta

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand