No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Edinburgh or Perthshire  (Read 1725 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Edinburgh or Perthshire
« on: May 10, 2015, 09:20:11 AM »
Hi, I had this listed as an Edinburgh Crystal Weight. Just before the end I received a message saying this is a Perthshire weight that was issued every year in a different colour starting with an 'A' cane. I have asked for a link as I can't find anything other than Edinburgh with the 'E' cane. Any advice as it has sold to an overseas buyer who I have messaged and don't want to misrepresent a weight and have it returned, at some cost!, from USA.
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Re: Edinburgh or Perthshire
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 09:22:22 AM »
I have just found a link on here that I am currently going to follow ! Should look then ask !

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline SophieB

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 11:12:11 AM »
Hi Pete,

It is indeed a Perthshire paperweight PP14. It was a limited edition issued every year with a letter that changed every year. A was issue in 1969 so your weight with its E cane was issued in 1973.

SophieB

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 02:02:54 PM »
... I received a message saying this is a Perthshire weight that was issued every year in a different colour starting with an 'A' cane.
The "annual letter" has already been confirmed. The statement about the colour, however, is not correct - this weight was made in quite a few colours, but colours are not linked to the year. You'll find an example on Scotland's Glass.
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 03:15:28 PM »
A lesson learnt then. Must dig deeper. It would have sold better with the correct info  I think . Still a profit. The buyer knows what they were buying and I won't make that mistake again....not with PP14 anyway 😄 I will stand by the sale as I know we all try for the same thing, knowing something the seller doesn't. Swings and roundabouts 😉 A very nice paperweight in excellent condition for its age. Thanks for the help guys. Pete.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand