No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Thread created for Gary (Millarart) - Red Scramble Weight. ID = PP / McDougall  (Read 6785 times)

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Mod: For reference purposes, this thread has been created as a split from a combined thread by Gary (member name: millarart) and responses have been edited to fit the specific item.

April 29, 2015 - Gary (millarart) said:
Bought a few weights from seller at boot sale - this was one of them. I thought Scottish, maybe Perthshire marble / scramble, but someone suggested may be murano, im still hoping Scottish lol

Size: 1 1/2 inch diameter, 2 inch height
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Thread created for Gary (Millarart) - Red Scramble Weight
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 02:52:19 PM »
May 1, 2015: Alan (tropdevin) posted:
Hi.  This is Murano

Alan

May 1, 2015, Gary replied:
thanks Alan I did think PP marble, its just usually Scottish glass I collect. But I really like this im keeping it even if not Scottish
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline paperweights

• Members
    • Allan's Paperweights
I posted earlier that I disagree.  I believe this is Scottish, possibly Peter McDougall.  The canes are the typical Perthshire simple canes.  Somewhere along the edits ... my post disappeared so I am reposting it.

Check out my web page for Glass paperweights, Paperweight Books, and Paperweight Information
http://paperweights.com

Offline SophieB

• Members
Hi all,

I agree with Allan: I think it is either Perthshire or Peter McDougall. Those canes are not Murano IMHO.

Sophie

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People

Hi.  I think my original post about it being Murano may have lost something in the ether from Tacoma (where I wrote it).  I am sure I typed more than 3 words!  I said something along the lines of ' this is Murano at first sight, given the flat base and some of the canes, but other canes do look Scottish'. 

On further examination I agree that many canes look Scottish.  Anyway, now I am home, and checking a Peter McDougall 2010 price list, I see he was offering in his Abstract Range design 'A3. Marbles available in various colours'. Trade price £3.90 each.  I think this may be one of his pieces.

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
To: Allan, Sophie and Alan (tropdevin)

Sorry about any confusion with this, and the other thread, created from an original multiple item thread.

Allan, your post from yesterday (that disappeared) made me check the two threads I had created for Gary, and I found that I had mixed up the comments with the wrong pics!! So I started again, and cleared out your initial "disagreement" post - but neglected to say what I had done.

I am hoping that I now have the correct comments with the correct images.

Could you all please check the other thread to see if you agree with the ID / comments.
KevinH

Offline paperweights

• Members
    • Allan's Paperweights
Hi Kev,

All is OK now.  Thanks for the efforts to split the thread.  And the clarification on what happened.  The important thing is that we are mostly in agreement that both items from the original post are likely Perthshire or McDougall.

Allan

Check out my web page for Glass paperweights, Paperweight Books, and Paperweight Information
http://paperweights.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand