No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Looks like Loetz, feels like Kralik, but it is something different  (Read 2477 times)

Offline brain_11

• Members
    • Birmingham, UK
    • Modern Hungarian Studion Glass
One of the days I visited a glass artist friend (she is 80 years old) to photograph her works for the book I am writing on the contemporary Hungarian glass (will be published in English). During my browsing I came across this piece. You would say it is Kralik or something else from that region, but she told me that it is from Zajugroc! She had the full provenance. Zajugroc was part of Hungary until 1920 where for example Pantocsek developed the iridescent glazing technique in the 1850s (for more info see prisma-gallery.com).

Attila
Prisma Gallery; Modern Hungarian Glass
Prisma-Gallery.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Looks like Loetz, feels like Kralik, but it is something different
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 11:43:03 AM »
Nice one Attila  ;D

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 02:05:49 PM »
Hello,

First of all, very nice example of a covered box.

I appreciate the piece you have posted here, but I think that along the way, the provenance of the example may have actually been distorted somehow. Although the piece is attributed to Hungarian glass, this décor can be found in production by Rindskopf. It is a little different from the Kralik version in that it is more textural on the surface. In addition to that, the actually form of this piece can be found in an Aventurine décor by Rindskopf. the Aventurine décor is pretty distinctive, so there is not really any mistaking who made the piece.

This first link is an example of this covered piece in the distinctive Aventurine décor by Rindskopf.

http://www.kralik-glass.com/r-images/aventurine/rav12.jpg

This next link shows the Corrugated décor.

http://www.kralik-glass.com/rcorrugatedarray.html

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline BDG55

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • murano
    • USA
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 12:50:39 AM »
Beautiful piece Brain.  Your egg is definitely a corrugated decor.  The question is who made it.  If the finish is smooth, it was made by Kralik, but if it's textured where you can feel the ridges, it's Rindskopf.  If you google Kralik corrugated phgotos, you'll find some examples.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand