No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please help identify this'Greener' 'Daisy & Button' Sugar Basin  (Read 3351 times)

Offline nick.a

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • pressed glass
    • england
Re: Please help identify this'Greener' 'Daisy & Button' Sugar Basin
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2015, 04:53:53 PM »
Paul,
I agree with Sid, your pictures clearly show that Rd 71736 isn't the same pattern as the daisy & button on my sugar.
Thanks once again for all your help, as always it's very appreciated.
Kind regards
Nick

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 05:46:10 PM »
It does appear that there is a difference between the Kew image and the Daisy and Button design from the Pott. Gaz. and Nick's sugar.

Like Margaret, I'd thought that common sense was indicating that the proximity of the date of Registration for 71736 to the Pott. Gaz. advert (which matches this sugar), was a strong indication that they were one and the same design  -  but it seems not.

During the year in question, there were two other Henry Greener Registrations - 81160 on 15th Sept., and 88120 on the 26th Nov.  ...........  do we know what they looked like??              Am certain I don't presently have pix of either.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline agincourt17

• Members
    • Pressed glass 1840-1900
    • Wales
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 05:47:35 PM »
RD 81160 of 15 September 1887
Jenny Thompson gives description as ‘pattern of tableglass’. I don’t appear to have a reference photo of any item from the design.

RD  88120 of 26 November
Jenny Thompson gives description as ‘pattern and shape of a dish (centenary)’. The centenary in question was Australia’s Centenary 1788-1888, and various pieces of the commemorative ware in the design have been shown and discussed at
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,55943.msg317065.html#msg317065

Fred.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2015, 09:54:27 PM »
thanks Fred ............ so, it's possible then that the daisy & button was never Registered, or outside chance it might be 81160  -  I will know the answer when next I visit the Archives.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand