No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: A glass cube, probably paperweight. Marked Moser. 4 cm per side! (1.57 inches)  (Read 1958 times)

Offline px

• Members
Hi all. I got a hold of this amber color crystal glass cube. It is cleary marked with a sticker "Moser Made in Czechoslovakia" and an acid Moser mark.

I only find 2,2 inch cubes in different colors from US sites, in very expensive prices. (why would anyone pay 145 USD or for a solid single color glass cube? Are they collectibles?)
What is this one for, made when and why? And how can I expect to imagine any value for it?
It really is exactly 4 cm per side, ie. NOT 2.2 inches but 1.57.

Very thankful for any information.  :)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
see pages 122 - 126 for information.  I presume they are samples of the purity of the colours available and perhaps the cutting.

https://www.moser.com/file/edee/downloads/moser_book_eng.pdf

m

Offline px

• Members
Thank you! :) Yes, I guessed the original meaning was to show colour and quality, just do not understand why they would be so valuable.
Also wondering the age of this size compared to those larger ones. Obviously pre 1992 because of the sticker.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Px they are incredibly helpful usually when you email them. 
I think it's worth a try as they should be able to give you more information :)

Also, the size of yours  is metric European so conversely I'm wondering why the ones you've seen for sale would be 2" .  i.e. were they made especially for the USA market maybe?

I wonder if they came in sets in like a salesperson's briefcase to showcase their colours, cutting etc?

m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand