No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Alessandro Pianon bird. One question  (Read 2656 times)

Offline antoinep

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Argentina
Alessandro Pianon bird. One question
« on: June 21, 2015, 08:55:06 PM »
Hi again!

I'm wondering one thing about the various birds that were made according to the design by Alessandro Pianon.

The bottom part of the birds sometimes is plain (no hole), sometimes as a hole (from the production process, likely where they blew the air inside, right?).

I'm wondering about this: why do some of them have this hole, and some others do not (apparently from the pics found on the Internet).

Thanks a lot

Without hole (it seems):

http://s3.amazonaws.com/bidsquare_assets/images.skinnerinc.com/full-870-972870.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/e3/00/a3/e300a3ef7f9da87d164e1c48226a16b9.jpg

With a hole (attached pic)

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Alessandro Pianon bird. One question
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 10:42:57 PM »
Hi antoinep,

I have removed the [img] tags from the links in your post such that they now show normal URLs.

Perhaps the images you linked to would not be a problem as the largest size was the height, not the width. But some viewers have reported problems when large images are included - as opposed to the thumbnails automatically created for the Image Attach system of the Board.
KevinH

Offline antoinep

• Members
    • Argentina
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 02:10:35 PM »
Thanks Kevin!

I'm going to resize the pics then

Offline antoinep

• Members
    • Argentina
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »
So two smaller pics:

One of them shows the bird with a hole beneath, the other shows the same model but without hole.
I'm trying to understand the reason for the difference? (I understand they needed to blow air to make the bird though)

Crossing my fingers someone will know, Thanks a lot

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 06:14:45 PM »
Are the legs attached on top of the hole on some examples? Perhaps according to where the holes end up as each bird is hand made.

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand