No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 12" Triangular, twisted, footed vase; signed. ID = Horia Puscariu, Romania  (Read 2478 times)

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
Re: 12" Triangular, twisted, footed vase; signed on top of base foot
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 06:48:58 AM »
Hi. The Child Bride has been betting on that Greek factory as the source. I may come to regret that I did not listen.

It is a desirable feature that the thumbnail needs to be clicked to open up the full-size photo, because that way the screen is not crowded with irrelevant detail for folk who are sorting through looking for something in particular. The Board is as much a reference site as it is a quick solution for those seeking to identify their glass.

Trevor
See my blog on Australian studio glass. There is now a Facebook page with Australian glass news.
The Glass Puzzles page is back on Facebook. Log in to leave a comment.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline hmbab

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • history
    • United States
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 05:16:23 AM »
I finally got an answer from Greece...It took a phone call then finally a confirmed email.
Not from Greece.. 

Here is th response:
"We do not sign the glass we produce because if we would,we would like to do it in a proper way and not like this,with a paint that can easily beign removed,but it is really difficult.Instead we use a sticker just for the customers which writes"Tzompanakis Blown Glass".I am very sad to tell you that these vases are not made in our factory.I would recognize it in the first sight."

The search continues...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 06:14:45 AM »
Good information, even if we don't have a result.

Is yours really signed "with a paint that can easily be removed"? On mine the signature is engraved, and it looks engraved on yours too.

The writer of your reply seems rather sniffy about the quality of their products. They have a website
http://www.blownglass.gr/home.html
where the only items I can see clearly are rather simple homewares, although the page called "Our creations" is blank.There seems more emphasis on recycling than I would have thought best for high art. Piles of green and brown bottles waiting to be recycled, according to the page you found. Then there is the reclaimed metals division...

Let's home someone else can recognise our items.

Trevor
See my blog on Australian studio glass. There is now a Facebook page with Australian glass news.

Offline hmbab

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • history
    • United States
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 06:28:00 AM »
No mine is etched, like yours.  I think it's funny they choose a sticker.  It's easiest to remove...  I exchanged a few emails, one explaining the etched signature.  I really thought it was theirs, look at the pictures here..
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1699518-d2510819-Reviews-Art_of_Living_Glass_Factory-Chania_Prefecture_Crete.html

Yes the hunt continues...  I'm definitely seeing a C Horio.

Offline brewster

• Members
    • Australia
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 07:44:34 AM »
There is a new post on the GMB (link below) showing a similar item with this signature. It is identified as makers Horia and Carmen Puscariu of Romania. That looks right for both the OP's item and the one I posted in Reply #3 above.

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,64502.0.html

Trevor

Offline Anne Tique

• Members
    • Kingdom of Belgium
    • https://www.pinterest.com/annetiquebe/
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 09:34:03 AM »
Hope that makes up for my mishap earlier on.

Just fwiw, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I always believed that Biot was a village where you have a manufacturer working under the label 'Biot' and several, individual artists who have their workshops in the same village, working under their own names. For instance Aconito, is often referred to Biot, but in his case it refers to the village and not the glass manufacturer.

It's the same idea as with Vallauris ceramics, lots and lots of independent artists, based in Vallauris

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand