No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Candleobra, Bobeches Prisms - Pattern ID HELP. ID = Libochovice # 1388  (Read 1767 times)

Offline jclearstl

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass
    • United States
Aprox 11" inch arm spread
5 1/2 inch tall
APROX 2" PRISMS

Offline Paul S.

• Members
this appears to have a lot of similarity with Libochovice pattern 1388 - page 49 - on the Sklo Union CD catalogue "Glassexport Before 1958"  -  except that the catalogue example doesn't show the drops -  so perhaps unrelated.              The catalogue shows a dimension of 130 mm, which assume refers to the height.

The background to your pix is too busy, and it would have helped I think if this was simply a plain dark colour  -  helps enormously with clear glass.

Perhaps someone else might look at the catalogue and see if this suggestion is of any use.              Very nice pieces by the way. :)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
had another look and feel confident that your item does match the Czech Libochovice design I've mentioned.         Regret can't tell you any more though  -  how much earlier than 1958 I've no idea
The design feature on the outer/under side of the arms - sort of 'cartridge belt' adornment - is seen commonly on many Libochovice sticks and candelabra - almost a bit of a left over from the deco period perhaps.               The book also shows a copy of page 49 - and again without drops - in fact none of these items shows drops/prisms in the catalogue  -  although suspect you won't have a copy of Marcus Newhall's book.

Anyway, Czech pressed glass from Libochovice from somewhere around the early to mid 1950's.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Bobeches with lustres seem a very US thing, so maybe added by the retailer or the previous owner.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Definitely Libochovice # 1388

Found a small cut of Libochovice pattern book ca 1930-1939 depicting their single candlestick holders with bobèches and prisms in Pressglas-Korrespondenz 2012-2

:)
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand