No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Percival Vickers mitred design no 168130 celery from 1891 onwards...  (Read 982 times)

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
Percival Vickers .

Clelery (probably) height 7 1/4 inches . With design reg. no 168130 based on vertical and horizontal cuts ...mentioned in this link

http://www.glassencyclopedia.com/percivalvickersglass.html

Cheers, Mike
Mike

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Nice one, but not cuts, mitres, as it's a pressed design

Offline Paul S.

• Members
nice piece Mike  -  I collect celeries - and don't have this one ;D

hate to be Mr. Picky, but for the sake of folk who may take your description at face value, and think the design is cut, literally   -  would suggest the words 'pressed - imitation cut' are added (Thompson say  'Imit. cut').

My opinion of the wording in the link is also that this perhaps lacks some clarity  -  since it seems that this factory did actually produce cut wares - and I can only see the word 'mitres', and don't see the word pressed mentioned in conjunction with this design.

good find though - don't think I've seen this Rd. No.

Edited to add............  apologies to Christine  -  this has crossed with hers  -  the Mods. can delete mine if they wish.

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
Thanks very much Christine & Paul,

Firstly, I should have posted this under British glass and apologize for that.

Sorry for my error in the description, I didn't realize the significance of the word mitre in relation to pressed glass. It is of course 100% pressed glass with no cuts. 

Paul you are very welcome to it as an addition to your collection of celeries , I can send it to you free of any charge. It has three small chips to the mitres but the rim and base are intact .

The mods can give you my email address If you want to get in touch.

Thanks both for your interest and useful comments. Cheers, Mike.
Mike

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
Is it possible to change the title....to avoid confusion  ? I tried to edit it, but it didn't work  ::)

Cheers, Mike
Mike

Offline Paul S.

• Members
that's very kind of you Mike - in return I'll make a contribution to my local charity shop.            Perhaps Anne (Mod.) might send me your details as and when she has time. :)

Edited.......   thinks - having just put brain in gear........send me an email via my little envelope and include your details.

Offline Baked_Beans

• Members
You are very welcome Paul,

I hadn't thought of that one either , I will send details later ...must dash...cheers, Mike
Mike

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand