No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Early Example of Barolac 11572 Pansies Vase  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Early Example of Barolac 11572 Pansies Vase
« on: July 28, 2015, 06:45:33 AM »
I've seen quite a few examples of this pattern lately, but most have been later pressings in plain frosted glass and often with quite soft moulding. I was very pleased therefore to find this rather fine early example (presumably mid- to late-1930s) complete with it's original blue staining.

The moulding is very crisp and well-detailed. The vase feels a little lighter and more delicate than the typical, chunky Barolac wares. It's been frosted, stained, then selectively polished on the petals. The base has a faint acid stamp mark 'BAROLAC' as well as a partial 'Made in Czecho-Slovakia'. Height is approximately 14 cm (~5 1/2 inches).

Steven

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Early Example of Barolac 11572 Pansies Vase
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 08:14:54 AM »
Well done; that's lovely Stephen

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 09:55:55 PM »
Gorgeous with the blue especially. 
I had a French vase with orange staining.  It's very outstanding compared to the plain.
m

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 06:41:27 AM »
Just updating this thread with another early example, this time in opalescent and with no staining. This vase is also frosted and selectively polished, but the frosted finish is more subtle than on the blue stained one.

The base finish is similar to that on the blue stained vase, although this example doesn't appear to have any marks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand