No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Can anyone add anything about this piece of Murano  (Read 1975 times)

Offline seanduxbury

• Members
Can anyone add anything about this piece of Murano
« on: August 01, 2015, 09:16:07 AM »
Hi All.  Just found this piece of Murano in the North West of England.  There is a partial label on the underside but very little else to give any indication of date, maker etc.  Can anyone fill in any details?  It measures 18 cms x 11 cm x 6.5 cms (L x W - at widest point - x H) and weighs almost 1 kg.  Any help much appreciated.

VIEW 1

VIEW 2

VIEW FROM TOP

VIEW OF BASE WITH LABEL

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Can anyone add anything about this piece of Murano
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 05:24:08 PM »
Is it this label? http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-1934

As far as I know that label is maker unknown, so no help there!

John

Offline seanduxbury

• Members
Re: Can anyone add anything about this piece of Murano
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 10:58:38 AM »
Hi John.  Thanks.  I'm pretty sure that's the label.  I've done some digging around and the only thing I've found is that it is a generic Murano label used on export items - mid century and that's about it.  No particular maker/workshop etc.  I think that's all I'll ever find about it.  Anyway not a bad charity shop find (imo).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand