No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Opalescent ribbed vase with applied floral decor - Bohemian? Kralik?  (Read 738 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Ribbed opalescent vase, with applied decor of flower bud (or fruit?) and 2 leaves.
Height 12 cm, polished rim.

I would think Bohemian and possibly Kralik? (>> This one on Craig's site has a similar ribbing, but no other Kralik vases with applied floral decoration in opalescent glass there...)

Thanks,
Michael

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Opalescent ribbed vase with applied floral decor - Bohemian? Kralik?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 07:42:08 AM »
I would suggest Harrach simply because of the leaves. Not an exact science!

By the way, your link is not working for me.

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 03:17:31 PM »
Thank you very much, John!
I will look into Harrach production...

(Don't know why the direct link to the pic on Craig's site doesn't work properly - just tested it and it didn't work, but after reloading the page it worked.
Anyway -- here is the link to the applied fruit pieces; I was referring to the ribbed vase to the right http://www.kralik-glass.com/kralikappliedfruitarray.html).

Michael

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 03:28:35 PM »
Thanks again, after doing a bit of research I think the Harrach attribution seems quite likely :)

Here are some Harrach pieces with very similar, light green (Uranium btw) zig-zag vines and leaves on opalescent ribbed glass:
>> vaseline vase on Warren Galle's site (left row, further down)
>> opalescent rose bowl on http://theantiquarian.us/Hist. Harrach and Glass.htm

I couldn't find a match for the bud / fruit, but like many other applied flowers from Harrach glassworks, it is made of opaque pink mottled glass...

The shape and cut top of my vase could make it a bit later production than other pieces with this applied decor.
And I forgot to mention in my opening post: there are some small mica flakes in the glass above the flower, a (nice) production flaw ;)

Michael

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand