No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Trinket/powder dish = unknown American maker  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Trinket/powder dish = unknown American maker
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 02:46:41 PM »
M its on my list to get ahold of Margaret Whitmyer as we live only 17 miles apart & have known one another for a couple of decades. She may have found further info by now. I know she had a new book she finished 4-5 years ago that was huge & had ided quite alot since so much info has now surfaced & readily available. Unfortunately she could not find a single publisher, not even the publisher that had previously published all her Fenton books...everyone of them said nobody is interested in glass anymore & sales would be too small to make it a worthwhile project. Actually I have a small write-up finished pertaining to the Dermay & Ramses markings where we now (summer 2015)know at least a few of the U.S. manufacturers that did the pours. I'll post it sometime to the trinkets section. It would seem that Dermay & Ramses are definately under the same banner...that of Jerome Baum of NY. Ken

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 02:58:47 PM »
Really?

It's weird especially when there is so much more information now and people are so much better informed.  And indeed want to be better informed about what they are collecting. 

m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 03:06:09 PM »
Yes...U.S. publishers it would seem are no longer interested. The largest publisher....Collector Books posted this in 2012. "August 1, 2012 - In the fall of 2010 we made the decision to suspend the publication of titles pertaining to antiques and collectibles and to sell off our inventory of such titles."

I amended the original post to include some new info on Dermay/Ramses.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 03:45:55 PM »
What goes around comes around :)

Beauty and quality will always out - of whatever age. 

m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 10:49:49 PM »
Well of all things I ran into Margaret & her Husband Kenn at a local mall. Tonight she send me this which is the latest on Cameo Lady.

" The 8" tall "Lady Cameo" powder jars have an oval bowl and an oval foot. The finial is the profile of the head of a lovely lady with short, curly hair. A headband crosses the top of her head with a flower positioned over each ear. The surface of the lid has twelve narrow embossed bands of overlapping leaves that radiate outward from the finial. Between each band of leaves is a single embossed flower. The 5.25" long oval powder compartment has four plain recessed embossed hearts. The area between the hearts is embossed with multiple-sized leaves. The pedestal stem contains an embossed cameo which matches the finial of the lid, and the bottom of the pedestal is flanked by two curlicues. The two colors found most often are green satin and pink satin. The jar has also been found in black satin and blue satin."

Margaret has not discovered the manufacturer however she is relatively certain its of U.S. manufacture so I will side with her judgement. On the plus side she is planning in the near future to release an electronic powder jar update in the form of a book that can be uploaded onto a PC or tablet that can be carried anywhere you go. This will be a powder jar book only no perfumes. The perfume version may be available at a later date. Ken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand