No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Beautiful italian vase, anyone with more info?  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Mjaubeib

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Norway
Beautiful italian vase, anyone with more info?
« on: October 18, 2015, 07:42:53 AM »
I had an initial identification in the glass forum that this beautiful vase is italian,  knew it was something since it have something that look like a mark beneath. Would love to know more, year, maker, collection etc. Please flurish me with your Knowledge! 

Offline Mjaubeib

• Members
    • Norway
Re: Beautiful italian vase, anyone with more info?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 10:47:51 AM »
Am i correct in thinking Opaline Florence?  Similar vases i can see other places. 

Offline Murano Glass

• Members
    • Italy
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 10:56:25 AM »
Even old Murano Glass artworks have a Murano Glass label, for this reason I have some doubts whether this vase could be from Murano. Could you please take another picture (with more resolution) of the mark underneath?

----------
Love Murano Glass
Always Italian Glass

Offline Mjaubeib

• Members
    • Norway
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 11:44:02 AM »
Hi! It is not murano italy, this is Empoli . 😁 see link.  (was one of my first finds), Im more curious about the Orange/brownish i havet found anything about. (http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,61300.msg345623.html#msg345623)

http://www.20thcenturyglass.com/glass_encyclopedia/murano_glass/opalineflorence_glass/opalineflorenceglass_home.htm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand