No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: simone cenedese murano millefiori bowl and vase, full signature and sticker  (Read 2841 times)

Offline hmbab

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • history
    • United States
I grabbed these at a local antique dealer.   They were labeled as murano.   After closer inspection they are both signed "Simone Cenedese ".  There is also a sticker on the bottom labeled Simone Cenedese Murano.
Both are petite pieces.  The bowl measures 4 inches across and 1.5 inches deep. The small vase measures 3.5 inches tall and 3 inches wide at the top. Both pieces are done in the millefiori style.
The labels on the bottom are roughly half inch square and simply say Simone Cenedese Murano, vintage in look.

I would love to know anything about the signature, considering it is a full name, as well as any idea of date of production. Oh yes,m the kicker, I paid $80 for both. Thanks for looking.

I'm having trouble posing pictures.   I need to use another device.

Offline hmbab

• Members
    • history
    • United States

Offline hmbab

• Members
    • history
    • United States
As you can see, the signature is very faint.  Very hard to pick up in any light due to the uneven surface on the bottom.  The second piece is even more difficult to see, but they are both there.  Full "Simone Cenedese".  I found a signature to compare to, here on the site, on some stem ware.  It looks the same.  But nothing on anything like these... Also, the stickers look old, certainly don't match the current Cenedes logo.

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
You'll find some information HERE: click on "Company" (below the images).
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Offline hmbab

• Members
    • history
    • United States
There's nothing there really.  I was hoping for something about the signature.  Possibly a date on the piece... That was info about the company that I also found on their web site. Thank you though, the sommerso style glass they do on that page is very nice!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand