No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Carnival Glass? ID = Northwood Glass  (Read 2469 times)

Offline imaztribabe

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
    • Ironman Lori's Menagerie
Is this Carnival Glass? ID = Northwood Glass
« on: November 10, 2015, 05:50:38 AM »
I have 5 of these glasses.  They are 4-1/4" tall, 3-1/4" across the top and 2-5/8" across the base.  My mom gave me these but I do not have any information on them.  They have a pattern that looks like grape leaves and grape clusters.  Any help would be appreciated.. 

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Is this Carnival Glass?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 07:02:33 AM »
Yes they are carnival glass and a pattern called Grape Arbor by Northwood Glass http://www.ddoty.com/grapearbornw.html

Offline imaztribabe

• Members
    • United States
Re: Is this Carnival Glass? ID = Northwood Glass
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 03:16:38 PM »
Thanks for the info and the link...  really cool web site..  I am going to guess my tumblers are Marigold..  2015 value looks to be about $10 each...  I will keep my eye out for this glass when I am roaming around my local swapmeet..

Thanks again,

Lori

Offline imaztribabe

• Members
    • United States
Re: Is this Carnival Glass?
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 06:04:08 AM »
Yes they are carnival glass and a pattern called Grape Arbor by Northwood Glass http://www.ddoty.com/grapearbornw.html

I have been doing a bit more research and do not see the hallmark of Northwood on the bottom of any of these tumblers; an underlined capital N in a complete circle. There isn't any kind of mark on them...  I did find a posting about Northwood that did mention they didn;t mark all of their glass, which can cause confusion.. Is there a possibility these are reproductions?  Is there something else I should look for?

Thanks,  Lori

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 11:04:39 AM »
They aren't reproductions, not all Northwood is marked

Offline imaztribabe

• Members
    • United States
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 03:26:01 PM »
They aren't reproductions, not all Northwood is marked

Thank you Lustrousstone..  I happened to come across that other info and appreciate you helping to clear that up..  I must say that when I place questions anywhere on this forum, everyone has been so helpful..  I have quite a bit of different types of glass that I want to identify in the near future...  I am happy to know I have a place where I can interact with people who are so knowledgeable..

Lori

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand