Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Loetz Vase? Yes or No? Silver Overlay!

<< < (2/2)

dagart:
Hello Lynne,
   I was told the vase didn't have a signature so I'll look to see if the bottom is polished and if the base shows any signs of age. I'll also look at the glass and try to determine if it is Loetz if I can. Do you have any tips on how to make a judgement call on an unsigned piece of glass?  I'm not sure just how high I'll go when the bidding starts, so I'll wait and watch for replies from the membership before I  make my final decision.  If it is Loetz and it's condition is perfect, what price range would be reasonable and how much should I expect to pay?
Don't worry! I'll pay only what I can and I promise, I won't break into the piggy bank!  :lol:  Have a great day and thanks for your interest!  :)
Dan

josordoni:
You are asking the same questions I have in mind!  LOL

I was hoping you could say it will be Loetz if it has.....xxxxx, and it WONT be Loetz if it has......xxxxxx....

dagart:
Hello Lynne,
   I guess the best thing to do is wait and see if any of the experts contact me and give me some tips on Leotz glass or a location where I can read and learn more on my own.  :) If not, I'll try to solve it without their help. Thanks and have a great weekend.
Dan

josordoni:
Have a HOT weekend here (for a change for the UK - it isn't raining!)  I think!  Likewise to you too.

If you do hear from any Loetz experts I would be really grateful if you could post the info here,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version