No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass Candlesticks -- Iridescent and Beautiful. ID = Isle of Wight Studio Glass  (Read 1164 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
I am posting these for a Friend, as i have permission to use their photos and words.

"""I bid on these lovely candlesticks thinking the candle holder part and!! the foot were both metal, the way it was listed it seemed that way, but when I got them I was thrilled to find the foot was a clear glass and iridescent to boot...:-))

I have to confess I did think and hope maybe Loetz...but! have been informed....not so!...:'(..so I am hoping that someone in CW world can help me identify these.

They are really beautiful and are so much better than the photos in the auction, they have a clear glass pedestal foot that has iridescent and years of wear on the base.

The silver plate has worn from metal candle holders on the top..but! part from that they are perfect and I love them.

I am putting age at around 1900-1920 by the wear and Art Deco shape but! your thoughts and comments are very welcome..

I have put them in the Bohemian category, they could be American, German or English...

They stand approx...7.1/2 tall.

Thank you for looking......................[added quote]....you might like to emphasise that the base is definitely not mercury glass..it is clear glass with the same iridescence that is on the vase   """

THANKS for any help or direction......I might add they were purchase from Ebay UK for a direction on a maker They will be watching here on GMB to see their item in the post I did for them

......I am merely the messenger to try and help them figure these out......LOL  ;) Thanks
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Glass Candlesticks -- Iridescent and Beautiful
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 12:33:45 AM »
They were made by Isle of Wight Studio Glass, pattern is Summer Fruits and the colour Mulberry (dates from 1995 to 2012). Not easy to find as candlesticks I would think.

More examples of Summer Fruits here, scroll down for Mulberry: http://iowstudioglass.wikidot.com/summerfruits

John

Offline inky

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass
    • New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 04:48:12 AM »
Thank you very much John!..I am the owner of these lovely candlesticks and I appreciate your help in identifying them, they have been a real puzzle... I would also like to thank antiquerose123 for help and the encouragement to join the GMB...

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 11:18:46 AM »
My pleasure and welcome to the forum. Not all questions are answered so quickly though!

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 04:18:11 PM »
****Thank you so ever much JOHN, for giving these an ID.

They ARE so beautiful!!  I also would like to Welcome INKY to the Board.  See there was nothing to be afraid of .....LOL.  Anytime you need any help just give me or anyone here a shout !!

Again ----> Thank you JOHN for the ID  :-*  :-*
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline inky

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass
    • New Zealand
 ;D....Thank you both very much for your welcome...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand