No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Any ideas for the pattern or glass maker? - ID = Silver City's California Poppy  (Read 2131 times)

Offline imaztribabe

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United States
    • Ironman Lori's Menagerie
I have these two 3-partition bowls but there are no visible markings.  Does anyone have an idea as to the pattern and glass maker?  The design looks like poppies..  The round bowl is 6-1/4" across, and 2-1/4" high.  The oblong bowl is 9-1/4" long, 7-1/8" wide, 1-1/4" high...  Thanks so much..  Lori

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Any ideas for the pattern or glass maker?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 02:14:22 PM »
Silver City's California Poppy aka Flanders overlay. Silver City bought blanks from various manufacturers & then retailed them with their overlay patterns which were numerous. There is a strong possibility these blanks are Viking as they were by far the favorite of Silver City for blanks. Search Viking Princess for blanks & compare as I am out for the day.

Offline imaztribabe

• Members
    • United States
Re: Any ideas for the pattern or glass maker?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 11:38:32 PM »
Hello Ohio,

Thanks so much for the info...  I will start my research...

Lori

Offline imaztribabe

• Members
    • United States
With the info you provided, I was able to dig alittle and find out that the pattern is called Silver City-Hampton, when it is in 22 karat overlay... 

Thanks again....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand