No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please ID Czechoslovakia clear vase - ID = Libochovice, Sklo Union  (Read 2012 times)

Offline giulissa

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • depression glass
    • Italy
 Greetings to all Friends .
I want to get rid of some vessels that I have in abundance , but not some information about them .
And this for example crystal vase pressed to marked at the bottom " Tchécoslovaquie " with nearly invisible seams . The origin is evident and it seems to be ‘50s . Someone is kind enough to confirm my hypothesis or to give me more information ?
Thanks in advance for a kind answer. .
Giulissa

Offline Mr. Turnip

• Members
  • Some knowledge but is it ever enough?
    • Czech, UK, Scandi glass
    • England
Re: Please ID checoslovachia clear vase
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 03:40:06 PM »
Looks to me like Libochovice, Sklo Union, Czechoslovakia. There's a pattern very much like it in the Libochovice 'before 1958' catalogue.

Offline giulissa

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • depression glass
    • Italy
Re: Please ID checoslovachia clear vase
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 09:25:35 AM »

Hi there,
tank you a lot. Your answer ha been very usefull. Thank you very much for your help.
Kind regards.
Giulissa

Offline keez

• Members
    • Netherlands
    • https://www.etsy.com/shop/MidcenturyKCDesign
Re: Please ID Czechoslovakia clear vase - ID = Libochovice, Sklo Union
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 01:12:03 PM »
Hi Giulissa,
There is also a later 196? catalog with your vase, at Jindřich Pařik's website.   www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo
Here is the catalog.  The vase is on the cover and at page 16, but I think this is only about the 25cm version nr. 2256/10”
I don’t know the size of your vase.
http://picasaweb.google.com/104509467784289017506/LibochovickeSklarnyAS02?authkey=Gv1sRgCPTGtIjW9_z4Hg#5464328686430788418

Grtz  Kees

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand