No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monumental Stunning!!..French? Bohemeian? Engilish Vase Help Please.  (Read 667 times)

Offline inky

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass
    • New Zealand
Hello everyone...I would like some help on a vase I bought about a month ago..I loved the thickness of the enamelling colours on the beautiful flowers,  the glass and of course the size it's nearly a whopping 36cm tall....I have been searching all this time to try and find out who made it and come up with nothing!.. :'(....can anyone help, please..it came from France if that helps... it has plenty of wear so am thinking and was listed at about 1900..

Many thanks.... ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Monumental Stunning!!..French? Bohemeian? Engilish Vase Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 01:01:37 AM »
Hello and welcome to the board. Could you please add a view of the underside of the foot as well - the way the bottom is finished is often important for us to see. Thanks!
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline inky

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • glass
    • New Zealand
Re: Monumental Stunning!!..French? Bohemeian? Engilish Vase Help Please.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 06:29:35 AM »
Hello! and thank you for the advice and the welcome... ;D ...I am having problems when I originally tried, I actually did have a photo of the base but it wouldn't let me load them all, I think they have been too large, so have cut them well down..this the best I can do with this photo I have..I had the vase sent to friend in the UK who is sending it on to me, so I shall ask for more photos...meanwhile I hope this helps..thank you!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand