No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Crackled glass vase. ID = Colin Heaney, Australia  (Read 3885 times)

Offline burch69

• Members
    • All modern glass
    • United Kingdom
Crackled glass vase. ID = Colin Heaney, Australia
« on: January 17, 2016, 04:15:59 PM »
HI I have been trying to identify this crackled glass vase, without much success. If anyone has any information it would be  a great help. Many thanks Pat

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Crackled glass vase
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 04:57:20 PM »
Hi there and Welcome!

Can you post another bigger pic of the signature?  Try rubbing some white powder over it too as it will help to show the signature better too.

Looks like it says something like;  ??

L then 2 crossed T and then something like EF or EF.............................2005

L__TTEL 2005 or L__TTEF .........or something like that as a guess.
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 01:34:56 AM »
Wow that is a long way from home!  It was born in Byron Bay, the Easternmost place in Australia towards the end of the glass making life of Colin Heaney.  Who stopped several years ago and now designs silk prints, materials and clothes.  I love his work, and have about 15 items, but most of it is iridescent.  If you Google "Colin Heaney Glass" and then look in photos you will find very similar pieces.  I recognize the signature.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

Offline burch69

• Members
    • All modern glass
    • United Kingdom
Re: Crackled glass vase. ID = Colin Heaney, Australia
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 07:14:22 PM »
Wow that is a long way from home!  It was born in Byron Bay, the Easternmost place in Australia towards the end of the glass making life of Colin Heaney.  Who stopped several years ago and now designs silk prints, materials and clothes.  I love his work, and have about 15 items, but most of it is iridescent.  If you Google "Colin Heaney Glass" and then look in photos you will find very similar pieces.  I recognize the signature.

Ross

HI Ross I just had a look at Colins Heaney's work, he did some really impressive stuff, shame he has moved on to the textiles in a way. Many thanks for taking the time to respond to the post. All the best Pat

Offline burch69

• Members
    • All modern glass
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 07:16:17 PM »
Hi there and Welcome!

Can you post another bigger pic of the signature?  Try rubbing some white powder over it too as it will help to show the signature better too.

Looks like it says something like;  ??

L then 2 crossed T and then something like EF or EF.............................2005

L__TTEL 2005 or L__TTEF .........or something like that as a guess.
Hi Rose Thanks for the tip with the white powder, I think Ross below has found the answer to the issue. Many thanks for responding to request. Pat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand